Sunday, October 4, 2009
Pepsi Maximum Challenge: Pepsi Natural
While I was down in Mexico recently, I decided to try a number of different soda for variety's sake, and Pepsi Natural had to be the most interesting. Per its press release, Natural consists of "lightly sparkling water, natural sugar, natural caramel and kola nut extract. The amber-hued cola gets its color from natural caramel and natural apple extract. From the amount of bubbles to the foam that rises to the top of beverage when it's poured, Pepsi Natural offers a brand-new cola experience."
From this, you may rightly gather that Pepsi Natural is more than a bit fruity. It goes down well enough, but then this queer caramel/nutty aftertaste kicks in. You may go in for that sort of thing cold, but as it warms/flattens, you'll get whiplash from the funky kick this stuff delivers. I brought one of those funky 2.5 liter Mexican bottles home with me, but didn't crack it for a week. The first pour offered a six inch head of diehard foam, and once it dissipated enough, a second attempt to pour saw my bottle explode all over the kitchen. Handle with extreme care.
Pepsi Natural is an interesting change of pace for the pop curious, but I started to resent it with prolonged exposure. Also, at roughly twelve and a half calories per ounce, it ain't remotely diet. Anyway, it's being test-marketed in ten major U.S. cities, so hopefully you'll get the chance to try it yourself soon enough.
- A Frank Review of Film/TV/Performance/Arts (216)
- Aliens (12)
- Anecdotal (16)
- Bantam-Blog (4)
- Comic Box Trot (54)
- Delanopinions (36)
- Dirty Trader: Book/Graphic Novel Reviews (110)
- Emmanu-Wednesday (38)
- Indexes (8)
- Linkypeux (75)
- Meme-O-Scope (39)
- nurghophonic jukebox (73)
- Obscure Character Handbook (17)
- Pepsi Maximum Challenge (4)
- Scripture (3)
- Smelly Brown Paper (Scans of Yore) (173)
- Super-Hero Feast (33)
- The Bedazzler: Arts and Crafts (18)
- The Super-Hero Books (29)
- The Trouble With Super-Heroes (10)
- The Under Guides Graphic Novel Podcast (3)
- Toys (1)
- Wednesday Is Any Day For All I Care (Comic Reviews) (194)
- ► 2014 (16)
- ► 2013 (37)
- ► 2012 (102)
- ► 2011 (111)
- ► 2010 (136)
- A Frank Review of "Gods and Monsters" (1998)
- A Frank Review of "Day of the Dead: The Need To Fe...
- A Frank Review of "Rosemary's Baby" (1968)
- A Frank Review of "A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dr...
- The Linkypeux for October 16-23rd, 2009
- A Frank Review of "A Nightmare on Elm Street Part ...
- A Frank Review of "A Nightmare on Elm Street" (198...
- Wednesday Is Any Day For All I Care #45
- Linkydeux: 10.16-20.09
- "Vampirella of Draculon" (September, 1969)
- The Linkypeux for October 8-15th, 2009
- A Frank Review of "Funny Games" (1997)
- "Fashion Freak" and "Undo Redo" by Naked Ape
- Perversion for Profit (1965)
- 1989 Pepsi/Madonna "Make A Wish/Like A Prayer" Ad
- President Bush's Anti-Zombie Budget
- A Frank Review of "Zombieland" (2009)
- Linkypeux-Deuce: October 8-11th, 2009
- Wednesday Is Any Day For All I Care #44
- Wednesday Is Any Day For All I Care #43
- The Linkypeux for October 1-7th, 2009
- Wednesday Is R.E.B.E.L.S.ious For All I Care #42
- Empowered Volume 2 (September, 2007)
- A Frank Review of "The Howling" (1981)
- Pepsi Maximum Challenge: Pepsi Natural
- The Pepsi Maximum Challenge
- 2005 Crisis on Infinite Earths: The Absolute Editi...
- The Linkypeux for September 24-30th, 2009
- ▼ October (28)
- ► 2008 (333)