Sunday, February 10, 2008

NURGH! Greatest Songs Of Our Time!!!! #2: Wave Of Mutilation (U.K. Surf) by the Pixies (1989)

I was first exposed to a brief segment of the song in 1990's "Pump Up The Volume," a once favored film now relegated to guilty pleasure. I picked-up the soundtrack very used at what looked to be a dust bowl flea market many years later. Not long after, this specific version of the Pixies b-side nuzzled against my bosom, where it shall rest forevermore. Over the years, the song has given me a good deal of peace in mind. One day, I'd love to write Aquaman, just so I can repurpose the title. When I die, I have stated repeatedly to my friends this is the single must-play track for my memorial.



Cease to resist
Giving my goodbye
Drive my car into the ocean
You'll think I'm dead
but I sail away
On a wave of mutilation
a wave
wave

I've kissed mermaids, rode the El NiƱo
Walked the sand with the crustaceans
Could find my way to Mariana
On a wave of mutilation,
wave of mutilation
wave of mutilation
wave

wave of mutilation
wave

No comments:

...nurghophiles...

Blog Archive

Counter


Surrender The Pink?
All books, titles, characters, character names, slogans, logos, and related indicia are trademarks and/or copyright of their respective rights holders.