Monday, March 31, 2008

...no nurgh for you...

I've always led a nomadic existence, but I've kept to Houston suburbs for the last 15 or so years, and that allows me a sense of stability. Still, I've tended to move from apartment to apartment every few years, and tiring of that scene, I decided to search out a roommate. My first was a passive-aggressive banker-weasel, who at least had a damned nice home. Unfortunately, I felt so uncomfortable there I drove 100 miles out to visit my father's place just about every weekend for the 4-5 months we lived in the same domicile. My next and current roommate turned out much better, as I've been living with her for nearly three years now. Holy shit-- I can't believe it's been three years! Anyway, I'm still paying the same all-bills-inclusive rate we initially agreed upon, which when you look at the rate of inflation, is itself seriously fantastic. Also, she's allowed my Classic car to rust away in her garage for most of that time, which gives her additional karma points. The only down side is that she's more than a little flakey, so when all those bills include the cable/phone/internet package, and she forgets to pay it, the Idol-Head and ...nurgh... get no updates for the better part of a week. Now you know.

Tomorrow, I'll reply to Damon's lengthy rebuttal of assertions I made about Iron Man and the Marvel Universe in my previous post. Also, I'll finally proof read that post, as if memory serves, it was a rambling monstrocity that sort of belly-flopped into a point way at the deep end...

No comments:

...nurghophiles...

Blog Archive

Counter


Surrender The Pink?
All books, titles, characters, character names, slogans, logos, and related indicia are trademarks and/or copyright of their respective rights holders.