Saturday, May 30, 2009

Bad Covers: "Careless Whisper" by Seether



I think George Michael was a great songwriter whose pretenses got in the way of his talent, but I have no problem with people covering his work. On the other hand, does anyone believe Shaun Morgan's drunk ass has been taking anyone's hand and leading them to a dance floor? People do not waltz to grunge, for fuck's sake. Anyway, I'm not a big fan of deeply faithful covers, as is the case here, where the main differences are guitar in place of sax and the vocals being less polished. The lyrics don't suit the band, so the whole affair reeks of phony sentiment in pursuit of sales. Besides, I really like well placed horns in pop music, so regressing to the omnipresent guitar just me sad.

No comments:

...nurghophiles...

Blog Archive

Counter


Surrender The Pink?
All books, titles, characters, character names, slogans, logos, and related indicia are trademarks and/or copyright of their respective rights holders.