Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Laura Gemser Interview Excerpts from "A Hard Look" (2000)



Laura Gemser giving an interview

"This interview is a small part of the documentary "A Hard Look" by the British film director, journalist and actor Alex Cox. It was first released in 2000. It focuses on the making and the social effects the Emmanuelle / Black Emanuelle movies had and maybe still have today."

"It seemed like a long-- one long, long movie that didn't end. You know, it was always... the same story, the same things happens and... uhm... I'm... I think it's just one, one, one, one, one big movie...

When my first Emanuelle came out, there was this big poster, with me on it, and I was naked 'til here... and it was one day out, and they censored it. Censored-- can you say that? They took it off, and so people are curious to see it, because, you know-- it was-- and it's only twenty years ago... or maybe? So nowadays, you see-- everywhere, you see-- I mean, even in TV you see everything. You see-- I mean, in those days it was... rather... rather... How do you say it? Uh, scandaloso...

I know Francis Giacobetti because I made-- made pictures with him. Fashion pictures. And... he ask me if I do small, little, small role in his movie...

...You get used to it. I mean, it's hard to--to make love with the women. I mean, it's-- it's really hard. But, you know, you get paid for it, so you do it. You just... do it.

...I didn't really read the script, but they told me you were doing it-- I was doing it in Kenya, so I said yes... That's the only... idea-- to go to Kenya, and that for me was okay. I don't care about the script...

I will say I was... a journalist... a photographer... and they always sended me out to... to find some criminals... to get some drug criminals. There was a lot of drugs, right? And then.. there was always the same situation... always had to get myself undressed to get something... I don't know...

Any excuse is good to get-- get naked. I saw the one-- the first Emanuelle, because I was curious. But then... but then I felt baaad, because... I didn't expect to see... I refused a lot of scenes. They put in stand-in, and I didn't know. So... when I saw the movie... I really don't-- I rather felt bad... There was a scene... in a train. I think it was... she was making love with a whole... football team... or, I don't know. I don't remember. But, I refused that scene, and they used stand-ins, and-- I don't know what are the scenes... I forgot. Really, I forgot...

...A little bit tired of doing this, and I was trying to do some other kind of movies. But... I had that label on me, and it's very hard to get out of it. So I said 'I hate it,' so I stopped doing it."

1 comment:

Pankajdasprl said...

So bad , Laura Gemser had an excellent screen presence . She would be cast in some good movies with reasonable roles .

...nurghophiles...

Blog Archive

Counter


Surrender The Pink?
All books, titles, characters, character names, slogans, logos, and related indicia are trademarks and/or copyright of their respective rights holders.